The Fort McMurray International Airport (YMM) is located approximately 16.5 km southeast of downtown Fort McMurray.
Driving Directions from Fort McMurray Downtown
- From HWY 63, turn east onto
Airport Rd/Saprae Creek Trail/AB-69
- Travel for 6 km (approximately 9 minutes)
- Turn left onto Saline Creek Pkwy
- At the roundabout, take the first exit onto Snowbird Way
- At the second roundabout, take the first exit and stay on Snowbird Way
- Follow signage for Parking, Arrivals Pick-up and Departures Drop-off (See parking map here)
Six rental car agencies operate out of the airport located on Level 1, Arrivals.
Sun Taxi is the airport's licensed taxi provider.
The airport bus stop is located curbside on the Arrivals level.
Shuttles & Pickups
Travellers can arrange pickups with the worksite, hotel, or shuttle. All pre-arranged pickups are to take place at designated parking locations in the short-term parking lot.