Fun for Kids
Fort McMurray International Airport (YMM) offers a range of fun activities and services to keep young fliers happy while waiting for takeoff.
- Visit the interactive observation area and play with interactive exhibits.
- Stop by the Information Centre located in the arrivals hall to get a copy of the Fort McMurray International Airport's Activity Book full of fun activities and facts about YMM. It comes with a free pack of crayons too!
- Use our wireless service to play mobile video games or watch movies.
- Play in the children’s area in the north departures passenger lounge (please note the area is unsupervised)
Kids will love the mounted telescopes and interpretive reader rails in the pre-security observation area, located on the third floor of the terminal. Other highlights include:
- Video screens
- Heritage artifact displays
- View of the apron and runway
For more details, please visit the Observation Area page.
For more information about these services, contact Administration at +1 (780) 793-8979
Host your child's birthday party at the YMM Airport! The Observation Area or the YMM Courtyard are perfect for hosting large kids groups and with 6 restaurants to choose from, it is easy to find something from everyone. All restaurants have kids menus and can easily facilitate a party order. Want to add a tour or want to rent the space so your party is private? Visit our page on Airport Tours or Room Rentals for more information.
Infant care items such as diapers, medicine and children’s sized earplugs can be found at Nicholby's Convenience. Breastfeeding is welcome throughout the terminal.
A large family washrooms are located in the arrivals halls, Gate 2 and Gate 5, and come equipped with spacious infant changing stations and low counters.
Services for Families
YMM has a range of service for travelling families including:
- Baggage assistance for departing travellers
- Family washroom located in the arrivals hall near the entrance to the building and at Gates 2 & 5.