The Fort McMurray International Airport offers guided tours of the airport's grounds, facilities and infrastructure. We welcome our community to experience the incredible works of art and unique architecture. Visitors will be able to look at aircraft, chat with fire fighters, check out their vehicles and gear, ask questions and learn about flying.
Types of Tours
- Our most popular tour option!
- Group size 1 – 30 people
- Organizers should allow for 45 minutes to 1 hour for this type of tour
- This option is a good choice for groups including minors or other guests who may not have government-issued photo ID (school ID cards do not meet the regulatory requirements)
- It is also a good option for groups with limited time available, or for very large groups
Pre-Security and Post-Security
- This option offers a full viewing of airport operations, both before and after security
- Group size 1 – 10 people
- Organizers should allow for a minimum of 1.5 hours for this type of tour
As participants are entering a secure area organizers should be aware that they will be required to provide:
- A list of the full names of all tour participants
- Scanned copies of government-issued photo ID (i.e. driver’s license or passport) for all tour participants (including minors) at least 2 business days before the confirmed tour date.
Your group will have the opportunity to learn about the various career options in the aviation industry from the experts themselves. In addition to the obvious career choices such as pilots, flight attendants, and air traffic controllers, a busy airport relies on hundreds of other professionals to operate successfully.
To book your group for this exciting opportunity please submit a completed Tour Booking Request Form.