The Pass Office assists employees with the Transport Canada security clearance process. The Pass Office operates on an appointment-based system for the Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC) applications and processing. As well as providing temporary and visitor passes for contractors doing work in the terminal.
Types of Airport Passes
Airport Employee Pass (AEI) - No Restricted Access
If the employee does not require access to the restricted or sterile area, then an AEI Yellow Pass is required (See Forms Below)
- For taxi drivers, a vulnerable sector check must be completed by the RCMP and the results from the check needs to be summited to the pass office.
- For all other tenants that do not require access to the restricted area, a criminal background check must be completed by the RCMP and the results from the check needs to be summited to the pass office.
- A completed AEI application showing both Employee and Employer signature needs to be completed and brought with employee to pass office.
Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC)
Every YMM employee or tenant that is required to enter the restricted or sterile area for employment reasons is required to obtain a TSC Security Clearance and RAIC. (See Forms Below)
- A criminal background check must be completed by the RCMP and the results from the check needs to be summited to the pass office.
- A completed RAIC application showing both Employee and Employer signature needs to be completed and brought with employee to pass office.
Who needs to book an appointment?
- New applicants who do not hold any form of pass
- Airport employee exchanging a temporary pass for a permanent one (RAIC Enrollment)
- Pass holders renewing their RAIC clearance
- Pass holders updating their RAIC information
It’s easy to book an appointment!
To book your Pass Control session please call: 780 793 8907
06:30 to 16:30 (Monday to Thursday; Closed Friday’s and Statutory Holidays)
*Appointments are required for processing of the application. If you can’t make an appointment, you must provide the Pass Control Office with at least 24 hours’ notice.
Main Terminal Building, Level 2, Northwest end of the building, near the Operations Centre
For More Information:
Phone: 780 793 8907
Fill out your forms correctly before you come to your appointment
The best way to make your experience at pass control easy and quick is to double-check that your forms are filled out correctly and that you have all the documents you need when you go for your appointment. Applications will not be accepted by Transport Canada if hand written; they must be filled out online. Here is a sample RAIC application form which highlights the most common mistakes. You might want to check your own form against these common errors before your appointment at the Pass Control Office—avoiding these mistakes will save time and extra work for everyone!
Pass Control Forms
The forms that you will need to fill out are below. Please ensure you fill out all the forms completely and bring them with you to the Pass Office. Your management will also need to sign the forms and ensure that they are properly completed.
SECURITY CLEARANCE PACKAGE:
- Completing an Application - How To
- Conditions of Issue RAIC & RAP
- Fillable Application for Proximity Card
- Fort McMurray International Airport RAIC Application Form
- Fort McMurray International Airport Identification Card Application Form (YELLOW)
- Transport Canada Clearance Application Form
As part of the employment process for all new and active employees of The Fort McMurray International Airport, the YMM Security Awareness course must be completed prior to new employment as well as yearly for active employees.
Go to the YMM training website @ ymmtraining.ca, create a profile including a user name, password and a valid email address and then click on the security awareness course. You must score 100% in order to pass and the program allows three attempts before the administrator must reset the program. Once you have passed the course, an email will be sent to the administrator advising them of this.